Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


     I am beginning to hate holidays.  It's not the reason for the holiday, but the realization that I am far from my family and getting unhappier about spending them alone.  This doesn't mean to dismiss the fact that Bill tries very hard to make the events meaningful, it's just that I am sick of spending them away from my kids.
     Today is Mother's Day.  So far, I haven't heard from anyone.  Bill gave me two delightful cards, one with a bulldog, the other with a Yorkie.  He knows me well.  Because of financial concerns, we won't go out to dinner, but may order a pizza from Bernie O's and watch a movie.  I picked some lily of the valley from our garden and brought them in--they're beautiful and smell wonderful.  I need many more in the garden.  I'll have to find out when to plant them and fill in the area in the woods.
     To those mothers who will read this, happy Mother's Day.  I pray you will spend it surrounded by your family.
 

0 comments: